Each of us encounters these three states of consciousness on a daily basis:
Dreaming sleep consciousness
Upon awakening each morning from a night of sleep, you shift out of either dreamless or dreaming sleep into full waking consciousness.
At this sacred moment, you have a choice.
You may enter your day in a mindset of Joy and Gladness, or…you may enter with the constant worries and struggles of the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that…etc.
Make every Day a GREAT day with these simple practices…
* Upon Awakening, Declare the day Good. Declare this day Good, and all peoples you will encounter as Good. Declare all the experiences that you will have as Good. Rise up each morning in Joy. This practice will begin to shift your state of Consciousness toward Goodness in all things.
* Shower with Self-Care: In the shower, in your mind, tell each part of your body how Awesome it is. Thank your feet for taking you to places. Wash your fingers in a state of awe for all the things they do.
Scan your body in your mind, and offer it complete LOVE. Thank your eyes for seeing, your ears for hearing, your heart for beating, loving and caring. Thank your nose for smelling, your mouth for smiling….etc. Do not allow any thought to exist that negates total love and acceptance of yourself. Declare everything about you as Good, Beautiful and Absolute. Even that bum knee, pimple, or crooked toe. ; )
Practice gratitude with “I AM” statements such as: “ I AM Perfect. I AM thankful. I AM perfect Love. I AM Life Abundant.”
* Pause in Daily Affairs: Take Pause prior to beginning any new task. Is it time to go into work? Pause in the car prior to entering the building. Declare everyone inside as Good, and Pure, Perfect and Complete.
Time to answer the phone? Pause and be 100% present when you answer the phone.
Outside? No matter the weather, pause, and notice the feel of the air on your skin. Pause for a second or two and notice sound. Become aware. This awareness invites the cosmic dance of the Universe to become you as you. Pause, pause, pause. Notice! Become aware!!
* Afternoon Pause for Reflection: Select a time of day. Noon? Right after lunch…set daily reminder alarm on your phone or watch. When the alarm goes off, take pause to say HELLO to your Divine Nature. Generally, by mid-day, you will have forgotten that in the morning you declared the day Good. Come back into remberence of this. Accept all things as they are, and practice gratitude for all the life experiences you have had so far in the day. This practice begins to incorporate Present Moment Awareness into your day.
* Coming Home Alignment: You have left work. Those tasks are complete. Leave them there. Let them be, you can pick them up tomorrow. So, Pause before entering the door of your home. NOW, you are home. Be present with everyone you encounter.
* Before Sleep: Mindfully review the day. Engaging with the day’s events mindfully, by choice…your mind will become empty, and you will fall into a peaceful sleep. If you experienced conflict with anyone during the day, send them Peace. Give yourself peace and forgiveness. Send Love to each of you. Allow the day’s events to simply be experiences of learning. Remove any labels of “good” or “bad.” The experiences were only experiences for you to learn within. Accept this. Be glad in it. Allow yourself to fall asleep completely in love with yourself for practicing, learning, and growing. Fall asleep in Peace, and let your mind, body and spirit sleep in this Peace.
Melinda Johnston, M.Msc.
Spiritual Philosopher and Coach, Intuitive Healer, Wellness Consultant
Melinda has over 25 years of study and practice in religious culture, practical philosophical, metaphysical sciences and understanding for the historical “webs” of human history. Because she is well versed in multiple facets of religious and sacred philosophy, including the Eastern philosophies of Buddhism and Vedanta, Metaphysical consciousness, and the Science of Yoga, her gentle teaching method allows one’s self knowledge to expand to deeper level, naturally.